Thursday, November 27, 2014

Tagged Under: , , , ,

Fraud calls asking to repay your friend's loan

By: drjyotiprasad On: 2:04 AM
  • Share The Gag

  • One evening while I was busy in something I received a call from an unknown number and the fellow straightway asked me about Mr X, one of my friends and when I acknowledged that I know him he asked me about his fathers name and address and his whereabouts. I asked about his own identity and he informed that he is calling from HDFC bank and also said that my friend has taken a loan from bank and is not repaying back. On asking how he got my number he told me that my friend has cited me as a refree for taking the loan. I was surprised, because I did never receive any call from HDFC bank regarding any loan my friend might have taken and when I said the same to him he informed that the bank had called me and I had affirmed about him being a neighbor of mine. Now the fellow who was talking in not a very familiar way and was using absurd and foul language told me to inform this to my friend Mr X and also told me that  I must tell my friend to take my number off from the bank records or else he will be calling me again and again till my friend Mr X pays the loan back to the bank.


    Taken aback by this event I called my friend immediately and he said, he has not taken any loan from any bank, and informed me that these are prank calls which I must not entertain and so I did not receive the calls again.

    After almost a week I again received call from another number and this time too the man was rude and was abusing on phone and the way he talked was very cheap, but I was ready this time and recorded what he was telling me.

    Now I disconnected the phone saying that I am not the person who has taken a loan and I do not know about the whereabouts of my friend. The man however did not identify himself completely and did not even give his own identity on asking and so I was sceptical about all this.

    After that the man called me for not less than ten times and I did not pick up the call. This is definitely not a welcome call, but it is highly irritating and time wasting call. When I enquired some of my colleagues also said to have had similar calls and on google I found out a whole lot of people complaining about such hoax calls.

    Please be aware, this may be part of a bigger plot to cough out money from your pocket. Never contact such people. How do they take your money ?

    I was not irritated neither I was worried while I had talks with this fellow, but yes it wasted much of my time and so I decided that I will not received his calls.

    In western continent if anyone calls you to collect loan from someone who is not you and he does call u more than once you can simply file a case against the agency for damages, and in India I am not aware of any such laws which can bar someone from making you harassing calls. I would request my lawyer friends to please intervene and suggest if any of such laws exist and how does someone go about applying the same law to get rid of the harassment.

    Description: Fraud calls asking to repay your friend's loan

    1 comments:

    1. Thank You Sir For Sharing This.Thanks From Button Of My Heart.

      ReplyDelete